I know when Daniel and I were figuring out our engagement session we had a ton of questions! Where should we go for our engagement shoot? At what time? And what do we wear????
We eventually figured it out, but these tips would have been SO helpful at the time!
Here are my Top 5 Tips for an Engagement Session:
- Decide on a season for your engagement session. Are you getting married in the Fall? Do you want autumn looking engagement pictures for your save-the-dates? Do you want cherry blossoms as part of your engagement session? Contact your photographer about available dates in that season. Your photographer should even let you know the best times of day during those seasons.
- Pick a location. Is there somewhere special to you as a couple? Or somewhere you have always wanted to visit? And always arrive early. *Can’t think of anywhere? Ask your photographer they will have a list of amazing locations that could work for your engagement session!
- Dress to impress! I feel like this is the hardest part-figuring out what to wear! (Check out this post to read more about “what to wear to an engagement session” )
- Treat yourself! Get your ring cleaned and your nails done! Even go out and get your hair and make-up done professionally! This is one of those few times in life where you have the perfect excuse to splurge! Plus, after your shoot, you can plan a date night! (You are all dressed up anyway!)
- Relax and have fun! An engagement shoot is a practice run for your wedding day! It is a chance for you as a couple and your photographer to get to know each other in a fun way! And lastly don’t worry about anything; your photographer should help you with everything from locations, to times of day and posing.**
I hope these tips help save you time and stress and allow you to enjoy the moments!